Pages

Monday, November 5, 2007

Busy Weekend

Usually the words “productive” and “weekend” are never used together in one of my sentences because I spend most weekends carting the kids from one event to the next…we did have a little of that but I also got some projects done…yipee!! First I’ve had these “Sotero” cards from Creative Imaginations staring at me for awhile and just couldn’t figure out what I wanted to do with them…I’m often inspired by music, even if the lyrics don’t actually show up anywhere in a project or layout, I guess just the music itself will evoke a memory which leads to inspiration for a layout or project….whew I’m long worded today…this is what I made












“These small hours, These little Wonders, These Twists and Turns of fate” …Rob Thomas..I only used “These little Wonders” from the song, but the mini album itself is a hodge podge of snapshots from different moments over the past couple years..
The paper is Cosmo Cricket, I also used 7 gypsy card stickers, rub ons from scenic route and the little jouraling tickets are from Jenni Bowlin’s line, I found her line at a LSS in Nashville, I’m loving her stuff…I’m pretty happy with how it turned out…

I also completed my cards for my Christmas Card swap…the design was inspired by Becky Higgins’ sketch in Novembers CK…I used Bazzill Cardstock, Bazzill Bling, Doodlebug Winter pattern paper, Rhonna Farrer’s clear stamp and ribbon from walmart






The silver bazzill bling makes it so shiny it’s hard to get a good photo…



On Saturday I went with some friends to a local craft show, which was ginormous…I had no idea… it is the entire first floor of a High School!! Holy Schamoly! Lots of fun stuff, creative people, and great ideas…I’m thinking that a friend of mine and I are going to have a booth next year doing lots of scrappy stuff…but I’m probably getting ahead of myself…here is a picture of one of my favorite booths there this lady “trash to treasure” takes recycling to a whole different level…



look closely, I know the pics never load great here but those are recycled bottle caps turned into jewelry and wine corks turned into tree ornaments…I’m not sure if she has a website I was looking on her packaging, if I find one I’ll post it but how stinkin’ cute!!


Today was a nice relaxing day, Rob and the kids watched football and I made Rob’s favorite dinner which is leg of lamb, brussels, roasted potatoes and yorkshire pudding…I know what you might be thinking from looking at his picture, yes he’s mexican, LOL, but his mom is from England and that’s where he was born because his Dad is retired Air Force…Hence the favorite dinner….After 13 years of marriage I finally got it right…


and last I had my boys home all weekend other that the various above mentioned sporting events, which was so nice and we hung out and watched movies and got sick from Halloween candy it was great…and I caught this picture of Landon just relaxing by the front door with the dogs…

”our lives are made in these small hours, these little moments”….

No comments: