Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fall in Love....get swept away...

I know, I know...I've been gone forever...I finally had to quit working at The Scrapbook Factory around the middle of June, trying to keep up with so many jobs was getting exhausting...I've not been creating anything of artistic value for quite a while, although that hasn't curbed my shopping habit and I've been a giant bloggy slacker...what Have I been doing...? well working, I do like my new job I'm happy and surprised to say, and enjoying the summer and having the kids off and doing all the fun summer family stuff that you do and reading...which brings me to the "falling in love getting swept away" part....


I am in love, obsessed, and completely wrecked by this series...

(The fourth and last installment "Breaking Dawn" comes out August 2nd)
Apparently there has been a lot of hype surrounding this series, which I missed because I'm out of the "hype" loop, but Twilight was the choice for the June ScrapHappy book club at GoodReads and I'm so glad I picked it up. These are probably my favorite books that I have ever read, and I read a lot. They are written for the Young Adult demographic (the main characters are around 17) but the story is sure to awake the dormant romantic in anyone. It's clean, in that the most Edward and Bella ever do is kiss but the tension underneath the words I swear is enough to set anyone on fire....here's a sample
"Softly he brushed my cheek, then held my face between his marble hands. ''Be very still,'' he whispered, as if I wasn''t already frozen. Slowly, never moving his eyes from mine, he leaned toward me. Then abruptly, but very gently, he rested his cold cheek against the hollow at the base of my throat."
"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars --points of light and reason....And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by light. I couldn't see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything."--Edward
"and so the lion fell in love with the lamb." -Edward
"What a stupid lamb." -Bella
"What a sick masochistic lion." -Edward
"Stupid shiny Volvo driver" -Bella
"Stupid unreliable vampire"-Bella
I've never been one to re-read a book, but I find myself going back again and again reading through passages and writing down my favorite quotes...and I'm way too preoccupied with the characters, it's as if they really exist..
Twilight has been made into a movie due out December 12 of this year already..so you have to go get them.....
so obessessed much?....I need an intervention LOL
there is a site dedicated to fans like us who are no longer 17 but can remember what it felt like to be there...
I really need to get around and catch up with what everyone is doing...so you'll probably see me stop by soon and say hello in the next few days...I have lots of pictures to share so I'm going to make a true effort to be here more often ...
thanks everybody!
now go get those books!

19 comments:

Kelly said...

I about fell off my chair when I saw my Google Reader highlight your blog. You're back!!

Those books sound awesome. I'm a sucker for good romance. I have a bunch of books to read this summer but I think I may have to try those too!!

Glad all is going well. I haven't had time for much creativity with the boys being home either. We leave on Weds. to go down and visit DIanna and family so we're hoping to have some time to get creative together. That would be so awesome for us~

Take care!

Judy said...

Welcome back, Amy. I've missed you.

Carolyn said...

Thank Goodness you are alright! You had me so worried. Good to know you were just super busy.
Funny you must've been posting on my blog, while I was taking the wrapper off the Elsie recipe idea box, it just arrived this morning-and from the little peek I have taken so far-it is awesome. Of course I like Elsie's work, and I am really starting to enjoy this Amber Skolnick, that is one of the designers in this collection. Lots of good work to be seen in this collection, I'm glad I got it.
I just may have to break down and read these books-I've heard good things about them, and with your review, it looks like I have missing out, by not reading them. Yes, it is also a shame that we have to wait until December for that final book to Nora's latest. grrr
Well dear, it is so good to see your ok, and hopefully will hear from you more, now that you are one less job.

Angela Toucan said...

glad you are still with us Amy

dianna said...

AMY,

When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by light. I couldn't see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything.

And WOW, now you're back and like, holy cr*p, I'm super freaking happy and now I can see stuff and everything.
(I should write hu? ;)

Don't do that again OK? LOVE YA*!*

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back online and now I know one persons blog who didn't get a comment from me, there are at least another four out in blog world. Glad to see you back online and sounds like you have been working far too hard. Isn't it crazy the things we do. Glad to see you are well and I might have to check out those books you have there.

Lucy Filet said...

Hey! Good to see you back!

My daughter loves those books, and is desperate to get me to read them, but I really don't like romance novels. I intend to try these ones out, but it will have to wait until the fall when the library opens again.

Glad to hear everything is going well and that you're not dead:).

RobinDiane said...

Glad to have you back, Amy and you haven't fallen off Earth!

My sister in law has told me about this series. She said once you start you can't put them down. I need to put them on hold at the library and start reading.

Jana said...

Life happens. Then you pick up a book and life goes on. I just started reading this series. So far, I love it.

Glad to have you back.

Casii said...

My daughter and I are avowed Twilight fans. She's on Team Jacob and I'm on Team Edward. Good thing she's in Mexico when the 4th book comes out so I'll have it all to myself for a couple of days!

Jennie said...

Oh, my gosh! I thought you'd never come back. I'm glad everything is OK in your life as I was beginning to get worried. Welcome back.

Jennie B, Green Valley AZ

Lisa said...

I so glad to see that you haven't given up blogging! I've missed you girl! I hope you are having a great time with your kids now that you aren't working two jobs and I look forward to some creativy from you.

Deanna said...

I am completely addicted to this saga as well!!! My friends and I will be picking up the 4th book on August 1st (we have it reserved at Borders)! And of course we will be at the movie debut of Twilight on December 12th as this is my best friend's birthday!

Rita said...

Hi Amy! Thought I'd pop in and say hello -- and then I see you mentioned the Twilight books and I have to tell you I am in TOTAL agreement. I just read Twilight in less than two days. I LOVED it and cannot wait to get to the next book.

Unknown said...

I have been song tagged by Bella-
I will list 7 of my favorite songs and
tag 7 others to do the same and so on.

My Favorites

1)In my life - the Beatles
2) California - Joni Mitchel
3) Poetry man - Phoebe Snow
4)Me and Bobby McGee - Janice
5) The night they drove old Dixie down -Joan Baez
6) Sister golden hair - America
7) I want you - Bob Dylan


sending it along.

Jeanne said...

I'm on the second and although I liked the first better I'm still enjoying them. I've always loved vampire stories and glad to see how popular these have become.

Carolyn said...

So did you get your copy of Breaking Dawn? I will probably stop at the store today and pick it up, so when I get finished with that third book, I will have 4 here. Good Books!

Lisa said...

I finally broke down and bought Twilight...I read it in a day and then went and bought the whole series, I just started Eclispe last night. They are awesome!

Lesli said...

I hope you have had a chance to read the new book. My 21 year old daughter has been trying to get me to read this series - I may have to accept that challenge!