Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Try not to fall out of your chair or anything...

But I'm pretty cheap...I mean really cheap...so, investing about a billion dollars into a marker set that I am likely to never figure out how to use? ain't gonna happen....so since I've started stamping, I mean really stamping, not just buying lots of stamps, I've been searching for a decent marker set to color images...I love you Crayola, but you're just not working for me...I tried a few different "art" marker sets...everything seems to "bleed over" if you know where I'm coming from...then I found these babies...Martha's (you know which Martha) Art and Craft marker set is perfect and with a certain 40% off coupon the price is definitely right at about $20...I use them with my blending pen from CTMH...I think I'm going to have to get a few more of the blending pens because they are a super cool tool also....

I did not use the markers on this card however....



Holy Crap! I'm having a stampgasm!! Unity Stamp Company...
do I need to say anything else?
I kept looking at these stamps and loving the designs, but I just didn't get it...the whole hybrid wood/acrylic/rubber thing...I kept thinking, huh?...I admit it I'm pretty slow...but in case you are too, here's the deal...They have rubber stamps that stick to your acrylic blocks (but are removable), then they have wood mounted stamps (different sets from the rubber mounted ones) that slide into their really cool handles (there's a video tutorial), they also have a kit club, and they are as we speak breaking kits down so you can also buy singles. The quality of these stamps is amazing...and their prices are very reasonable...I'm going to be spending a lot of time shopping there... Did I mention they were having a sale today? They are! 25% off your whole order (handles not included)!! Use code SEPT931.

For this card I used the "Owl always love you" stamp set by Unity
Bazzil Cardstock
Pattern Paper by Memory Box (this paper is beautiful by the way)
clear acetate (that's why you can see my reflection below)



I purchased these two books from Amazon last week, and they are full of fabulous ideas and inspiration...



I am in total need of an overhaul here...
Enjoy your day!!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Is that $20 before or after the coupon? I've been looking for a cool set of colored pencils too but haven't found what I want yet.

I love Unity too. I've got a couple of sets and was just looking through their site a bit ago to take advantage of the 25% sale. Good to see you back in the crafty groove!!

Michele Kovack said...

I would love to see what you do with these markers.....I have them and only used them once! You are too funny! And no, don't own any of the Unity stamps.....yet.

Lucy Filet said...

I just got a Cuttlebug, so that's been my play thing lately. I've cut out SO many letters, it's insane.

Angela Toucan said...

Great looking card, and have fun with your new "toys"

Anonymous said...

oh my you tempted me with that website. I have just started getting into stamping myself Amy. I so love that wee card you made your owl is so cute.

Rita said...

Great buy on those markers. I need to take inspiration from you and start USING all the stamps I have COLLECTED! I have been stamping a teeny bit lately, but I really need to work on it!

Cute card!

Christi said...

Girl! LOOK at that gorgeous card!!! OMG! I LOVE IT! The acetate is so cool and you know I love anything UNITY! :o) But you are seriously putting me to shame! I haven't even taken my paper out of the bag yet?!!? hmmm, guess I need to do something about that don't I? smiles...

Jana said...

I love this card. The acetate is cool and Owls are right up there with me. :-)
Gonna get over to Unity and check them out. And over to the Martha pens.