Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Perspectives

Today after running around doing my least favorite errands, grocery shopping being at the top of that list I had a little time…so I started organizing my crop area, I always seem to have about 3 or 4 projects in the works so it’s pretty much always a big fat mess…anyway I got sidetracked (not a new thing) when I was organizing scraps when a found a piece of 8×8 white cardstock calling my name…a blank canvas…what to do? Well I’ll get to that in a minute…I’ve been reading Visual Chronicles, (see their blog in my blogroll) a totally cool book by the way and I’ve been working on the projects in there, the first one was to create a personal color palatte or pallatte, or however you spell it. At first I thought ok, me, my husband, my boys what next?? well I found myself after getting started assigning colors to all sorts of thoughts and feelings like “autumn” and “coffee” and “thai food” and it turned out to be a really cool challenge for me to stretch myself creatively….back to my 8×8 canvas…I found myself grabbing specific patterns and assigning them certain places in my life, (I guess the color pword got my brain thinking in that way) and I made this
A pattern journal! A way to tap into your inner journaling goddess. I just wrote down in the pattern whatever came to mind when I looked at that specific pattern. like “I am a denim girl, please keep your pantyhose” and ”I am not a domestic Goddess” in the very tiny red gingham scrap… It was fun.
So here is my Challenge #1.
PATTERN JOURNAL…you know you have a bunch of scraps hanging around and you can make it any size you want do whatever you want with it and the bonus is it doesn’t take very long…when you’re done email me a picture and I’ll post it here…
something else I did today while I was waiting in the line to pick up Landon (we’ve all been there) was snap some pictures from my car window I got this idea from an Ali Edwards article…now I’m sure I’m probably going to get a phone call or something because I got some strange looks but it made for an interesting perspective…here are some of the pics…I thought the “no parking” signs with cars parked all around were kinda funny…
I’m looking forward to starting Rhonna Farrer’s 21 Day Journal tomorrow..I have no idea what this is about but it sounds fun!! I have to work tomorrow too so my day 1 project will probably be kind of sleepy….
take care everyone!

No comments: