Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2008

I love it when he gets it right...

On Friday Rob called and said "I'm taking you out, put something nice on."


me: "where? I don't really feel like going out, we need to save money, (insert here my usual tirade of bitchiness...I've been having these ALOT lately)


Rob: "You always say I never take you anywhere, well I'm taking you somewhere...I'm trying to do something nice for you will you just let me? I've already taken care of the boys, Britain's going to watch Landon, I'm bringing home pizza."


me:..ok I don't even want to repeat what I said...I have been a completely unforgivable snot lately...but ok, we're refinancing the house, trying to plan a move, trying to get our house rented


AND


the garage door broke a few days ago and we blew a circuit breaker....


When it comes to Christmas...I just haven't been able to get in the spirit


(insert deep breath)


I own exactly one Christmas CD. It's Amy Grant. I've probably had it for more than 10 years. You're listening to my very favoritest Christmas song right now... I love Vince Gill, I was fortunate enough to get to see him last year in Nashville at the Grand Ole' Opry. I had myself a big old cry when he sang "Go Rest High on That Mountain".


I had no idea this was where he was taking me until I saw the tshirt stand....






In a million years I never imagined I would get to hear Amy Grant sing this song that's playing live... There just aren't words...It was a beautiful concert and we enjoyed it so much. At the end, they had us all stand up to sing together...


Silent Night, O Come all ye Faithful, and O Little Town of Bethlehem.


I closed my mouth and just listened...


you can't imagine how beautiful it sounded, thousands of voices singing these songs together...I think all of us found our Christmas Spirit in that moment.


I feel so fortunate to be able to have gone and so incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful husband.


Thanks so much honey,


I love you.


When you're finished listening to the current music playing pause the playlist player and adjust your speakers to play the video....I'm not a videographer, lol but you can hear her really well.







13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Amy! Your blog posts make me cry so often! What a great husband you have there! Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Patter Cross said...

Wow, how absolutely amazing and awesome of him!!!! I am sure this will be a Christmas to be cherished for a long time! Merry Christmas!

Kitty said...

Awwww, what a star of a man. Really lovely post Amy. So glad you both had a lovely time. x

Unknown said...

Awe!!!! That is so sweet! What a great guy you have there!

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful surprise!!! Dh did really good!! What a special night to remember...

Rita said...

You have me in tears over here! What a beautiful gesture from your husband -- I'm so glad the two of you had such a special night! And I'm glad you got a chance to find your Christmas spirit.

Merry Christmas Amy!

Judy said...

Wow what a very special treat your DH gave you. Just awesome of him to do that for you.

Kellan said...

What a wonderful gift! I love Vince Gill and Amy Grant - love them!! How fun!!

Have a wonderful week - Kellan

Christi said...

Amy, you definitely have a keeper there...it sounds like it was a wonderful night and so perfect! Good job, Rob! smiles...

Lucy Filet said...

That is awesome! What a great husband you have!

And I've been there, that not in the spirit thing. So I hope that helped tremendously!

Kelly said...

Oh Amy, you're husband rocks!!! How awesome is that. I have her Christmas CD as well and also have one of Vince Gills from years ago. I bet it was so magical seeing them sing together. I'm glad you got some Christmas spirit!!!

Lori said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I had to pay you a visit and I must say I am in tears what a sweet thing your DH did for you. I also love Amy Grant!!! Lucky you!!! It's not Christmas until I pull out her CD as it remains one of my favorites!!! Your blog is so fun, I will be back to visit again!!!
Merry Christmas!

Jana said...

Yup, he's a keeper.