Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Weekend Recap...

Supplies Used: Unity Stamps: Beautiful Life, Sentiments O Simple, Giggle Grove
Pattern Paper We R Memory Keepers, Cosmo Cricket
I was happy to get a couple pages done this morning...seems like when I get up really early on the weekends my mojo is at it's best...


What a fun weekend we had..On Saturday we went to Historic Main Street in Belleville for the annual Horse Drawn Trolley Ride. This is a free service that the merchants on Main Street sponsor every year to get people to shop downtown. It's so much fun! Yeah, Britain has discovered Rob's old Basic Training Flight Jacket...it's so funny how great it fits him...

We wrapped it up with lunch at our favorite pub Castletown Geoghegan. A very authentic Irish style pub, which serves up Irish Faire and Guiness (and kid friendly stuff too).
Really though, we love this place...the people that work there are so cool, the food is great and on Friday and Saturday nights they have live Irish music, they even have a sing-a-long pamphlet on every table so you can join in... and then you gotta love a place that has this

Well the Bar, yes of course...but also The official Guiness Countdown to St Patrick's Day...no, I'm not Irish...but I feel like I could be when I come here...
I finished that sewing project (my first since I was 14 and in Home Ec) that I told you about...and I totally stole this idea from Christi...as a matter of fact I even stole the fabric from her...well not entirely true she gave that to me..LOL..but this is the project that I learned to sew on...This project came from one of her 12 Days of Christmas Creating and if you didn't get over there while she was doing this, you totally should...she had such great projects...with instructions!!

















Britain loves to draw, so this is a little portfolio I made (with a lot of help from Christi, she made one for her son also) to hold his sketch book, some colored pencils, and a couple mechanical pencils...I also took another one of her ideas and SERIOUSLY PEOPLE...if you don't try anything else I tell you..get you some cans of sweetened condensed milk boil them babies up and make you some carmel...oh my gosh how did I not know about this amazing treat!!
Yep, that's a Unity Stamp there on that little tag! From the Bitty Christmas Tags Set.
Thank you for the great ideas and all the help Christi!!
That's all I have for tonight...that was a whole lot!!
Gratititudes:
1. Horse Drawn Trolley Ride
2. Fun Irish pubs
3. Fun filled family weekend
4. Easy Christmas Gifts made with love (and lots of help from Christi)
5. We've decided to get a property manager for the house...keep us in your prayers please!!










4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like it was a great weekend. The horse drawn trolley ride looked so cool. Wow, a countdown to St Paddys day already....eeeks. Love that page you made, you have been very creative. As for the condensed milk I do that to make my banoffi pie. Its so quick and easy, or I could really cheat since they have bought out a caramel condensed milk.

Lucy Filet said...

Glad you had a good weekend! It's always nice when you get a chance to get away for a bit!

Angela Toucan said...

you are as beautiful as ever! the sewing project looks like a great idea. you are so creative

Kellan said...

Cute pictures of you and the kids - you are so darling!

Have a good evening - Kellan