Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Moments

Day 6, “First say to yourself what you would be and then do what you have to do”-epictetus… I’m lovin this quote it is so empowering…
today I placed my first order for supplies to get my “little” business started here..so hopefully next week I hope to have a project posted here with some kits for sale. My goal is a new project every week to start with. Soooo please come back and check, even if you don’t want to buy one I’d appreciate your opinions…ok? please? if that sounds like begging it’s because it is…shameless begging….
TOMORROW..the projects I made for the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure are going up for auction at Homegrown Hospitality…it’s the first time I’ve ever done anything like this so please go bid it’s for such a great cause..(more shameless begging)….

On the other end of my “trying to get a business going” front …a friend of mine who is going to school to be a funeral director took a memorial album I made to the funeral home she works for to offer my services to make albums out of the pictures people always post of their loved ones at the visitation…it turns out that her boss really liked the idea but has to talk to his boss about it….soooo fingers crossed….(if you are now wondering why or how on earth this ever occured to me it’s because I used to be a hospice nurse and have been to a lot of visitations and I really feel in my heart that it is important to remember a person for how they lived and not how they died)
Today I worked just part of a shift, then kids, soccer game, pizza and homework..I really need to get some laundry done around here…I’m looking forward to Saturday my friend Leslie is coming over for the afternoon for some cropping time…haven’t had a chance for that in what seems like forever.
I’m going to bed now…work again tomorrow…Take care everyone and have an awesome Friday!!
in the meantime…here’s a little bit of happiness for you…I just love corny musical numbers…

No comments: