Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Grace in Their Steps

Today I got to meet some friends for lunch who I haven’t seen in ages. It was so awesome getting to chat it up. Kat and Stefanie (I seem to be blessed with several stefanie’s in my life right now..) My friend Kat who has a five year old boy is also about to have twin boys any minute now and while personally I can’t even begin to imagine all the stress that comes with that (not to mention how much I’d be freaking out, which I’m sure is why God didn’t bless me with twins) she is handling it with an amazing amount of grace and acceptance. She is probably one of the most laid back people I know. As a matter of fact when she called to tell me she was pregnant, we were probably on the phone for about 20 minutes before she got around to telling me this most important news…. Are ya kiddin’ me? (that’s one of her favorite phrases) ….anyway here’s to you Kat, you know I love you and can’t wait to hold those babies.
Speaking of GRACE…I’m working on an album of my grandparents, both deceased, for my Dad. He doesn’t know. This is page one…(I wish I knew how to make pictures bigger on here)…anyway the title is “There was GRACE in all her steps…” I don’t know who to credit it to, I read it somewhere and it stuck in my mind… Yes it is a very simple page as the album will be, but I feel that the power of the words and the photos don’t seem to need a lot of embellishing. This album is slow going for me because as I look at these pictures I know that I didn’t know my Grandparents the way I wish I did…and I know because of the life we live (being military and nowhere near extended family) that my children will feel the same way someday…although I hope to remedy that. Look at this picture ..it’s an old 35mm so not terribly clear but my grandma’s eyes in this picture…she looks like a giddy teenager looking at her first crush…they were married for over 60 years and she still looked at him that way…funny..kind of sad funny…how I never noticed that until now…
I feel as though I am incredibly blessed with both an incredible array of close friends that are both nearby and far away of which I consider all a part of my extended family (whether or not they want me and mine as their relatives:-) ) and the amazing roots that began with the enduring love between the two people you see pictured above.
This is why I scrapbook…
because they have GRACE in all their steps…

No comments: