Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Blue Dog and The Unity Wednesday Challenge

The other night I get home from work to find my family room carpet looking like this




This is just a small sampling- there is blue everywhere and little blue pawprints all over the house. I can't imagine who could have done such a thing....





Can you?

At least it was a crayola marker so it's water soluble. I have not found any pieces of it though so she must have eaten the whole thing. That's what Cocoa does. She eats things. Nothing is safe. She's eaten holes in our comforters, all of my flip flops (my fault I know), see that couch she's sitting on? She's even been eating the frame underneath- and before you tell me to buy her a toy, trust me we have, they work for about a day or two until she eats them.








Here is my card for the Unity Wednesday Challenge at Splitcoast. The challenge today was to create a masculine card. I have trouble with boy cards so this WAS a challenge.






Supplies Used: Pattern Paper; Memory Box

Stamps: Unity Stamp Company; Tiny Trinity, Simply Said

Hemp, eyelets




I also did this layout inspired by the new sketch site Inspired Blueprints.


Supplies Used:
Pattern Paper: Basic Grey
Bazzill cardstock with an Edge
Unity Stamp Company: Oh what a beautiful morning, Sept KOM, Oct KOM, Owl always love you, Simply Said

That's me and my Sister in Spirit, Stephanie at her going away party in the summer of 2007. She moved to Japan, and I miss her so much. She was here this past June and stayed with us for a week and we had so much fun. She's my person. Meredith has Christina (Grey's anatomy reference here) and I have Steph. If you get a chance stop by her blog and tell her I said to get her non-bloggy butt blogging again. She has some pretty cool pictures there too.
That's it for today! Thanks for stopping by!
Gratitude:
1. Rain (hopefully it will cool down)
2. Jimmy John's subs (have you had these they are yummy)
3. Landon's bday is tomorrow
4. Yesterday was our 14th anniversary...(that's another post)
5. Goofy assed dogs

11 comments:

Rita said...

Goofy assed dogs -- LOL! You crack me up Amy! What a crazy little pup you have! So sorry about the blue carpet.

LOVE, love your layout -- it's so girly and fun and pretty. Great job with the masculine card too!

Happy b-day to your son tomorrow! (My mom's b-day is tomorrow as well!)

LisaW said...

oh Amy, your pup must be part terror (not terrier..lol). My mum's dog used to be the same, and let me tell you, a pup trying to pass a cd is not pretty!

Great take on the sketch! I love all the bright colours (you know that's my thing!). The gallery is on the right hand side; just click on the pic of sketch 1 to open the album.

Cheers, Lis.

Anonymous said...

you know part of me wonders if you could have inked her paw prints lol, woulda made a cool layout. I had top laugh at her, so cute.

Brooke said...

oh my gosh.... Cocoa is a stinker!!!! LOL!!!! that is too funny {the pic of her with BLUE paws!!}
your card is AWESOME!! love the patterned paper you used... and its great to see another scrapbooker! CUTE layout!!!

Kellan said...

Happy Anniversary!!

That is a crazy, blue dog - HA! What a mess. I hope you got it all out of your carpet!

Have a good remainder of the week, Amy - see you soon - Kellan

Jessy said...

Amy- wow, your blog is just amazing. I LOVE all of your projects, you are quite talented!! Your pup is adorable- is it a JRT?? I have a JRT who likes to eat weird stuff too...cant they just stick to the kibble?? Your masculine card and the scrapbook page are truly just amazing. I will be linking you on my blog, so i can come back an visit. :) GREAT WORK!!

KimA said...

Amy, just dropping by from Inspired Blueprints - great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining in

Lucy Filet said...

I love that page! Gorgeous!

Casii said...

I think your pup knows my pup! I can't imagine seeing a marker and thinking "Hmm, looks mighty tasty!"

Love the card, should I send my snail mail addy so you'll know where to send it? lol

And the LO is great! Love some girly fun!

Christi said...

ooooh, I just love how you put this layout together...it's gorgeous! I have been wondering about Jimmy Johns...we haven't been in there yet...may have to just do that this week! smiles...

Christy said...

wow, Amy - you are fast with this sketch! It's so fun too! :) Thanks for playing along!