Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Hello Monday...

The boys had a five day weekend and the weather has been so nice. I wanted to do something nice and take them to the zoo, the fall colors are absolutely beautiful there this time of year...plus with cooler weather the animals seem to be more fun to look at...(hey if I had to lay in the 90 degree sun licking my butt while people stared at me all day, I'd probably be in a bad mood too)

BUT..my kids didn't want to go the zoo...they weren't really "in the mood"...ok whatever...so instead I took them school clothes shopping...for some strange reason incomprehensible to me they LOVE the mall...I hate the mall. I could take a week here telling you all the reasons I hate they mall...but really I wanted them to actually wear the clothes I bought which means letting them pick them out...so I cowboy-ed up...and we went to JC Penney...which I must say has some pretty awesome bargains right now...

They also hate the camera right now...I pull it out-they get obnoxious..it's sort of an autonomic response...so here's a couple picture of the boys at the food court...



that's Landon behind the bag

and Britain
I've also made a few things...on Friday I made this chalkboard...I had been wanting one of these for the kitchen for a while and I finally found the size I was looking for.


I made this a little hastily...I'm still not sure how much I like it... it only took like 20 minutes not include drying time
I also made this little card...I just love this stamp Christi let me borrow it. It's by Rubber Stamped.


Today, I did two layouts. I don't usually stamp on layouts, I don't know why I never have. So I've been practicing. Unity Stamp Company makes it so easy to do so because their stamps are so versatile.
This first one is based on Pencil Lines sketch of the week #106



Ever since the kids were babies I've sung this song to them...of course now I get eye rolls and exasperated "Maa-ooms!"
Supplies Uses: American Crafts paper
Unity Stamp Company: Oh What a Beautiful Morning, Sept KOM


This is a second interpretation of the same sketch I just turned it and chaged up the elements a little.
Supplies used:
Pattern Paper: Memory Makers, Dreamstreat, We R Memory Keepers
Unity Stamp Company Sept KOM, Oct KOM
Letters: Memory Makers
I spent some time at my neighbor Pat's today...Look what she gave me!

She found these at an Estate Sale! I just love them! Thanks Pat! She also gave me a bunch of these...


Aren't they fun?! Go see what she's doing with them here.


That's all!
Thanks for stopping by!
Gratitude:
1. HBO
2. My cool neighbor
3. The long weekend (even though it's over ;-( )
4. beautiful weather
5. krispy kreme pumpkin spice donuts...heaven

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Krispy kreme pumpkin spice donuts---my mouth is drooling already. It sounds like a little piece of heaven!! I'm glad you all enjoyed the long weekend. My boys have a 3 day weekend this coming weekend and my hubby is out of town 2 of those days. I hope I don't lose my mind! :)

Kellan said...

Cute stuff! I love the little chalk board - so cute!

Have a great week - see you soon - Kellan

Michele Kovack said...

You have been a busy gal! Love all of your cute projects! And such cool ticket stubs!!! did you get a new "do?" Love it!

dianna said...

You are a busy lady~~~CUTE stuff as usual ;)
(I'm still stealing your neighbor)

KKKKKrispy KrrEme PPpummPkin SpiCCCee WHAT*!*!?*?* My bum got bigger just thinking about it.

Where are the d*mn keys?????!?!?!?!?

Lisa said...

Great stuff! I'm glad to see you are back to blogging and I love your new pic, your hair is soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

you have been creative love that black board......oh those tickets are so cute.Laughing at your boys not being iimpressed by the camera. As for me I love Malls, ours in NZ have nothing on yours though.

Rita said...

Your layouts and card are just beautiful -- your stamping looks great!

I hate the mall too. Too much chaos for me. I avoid it as much as possible.

Angela Toucan said...

wow what a long post. I hate shopping - Daniel loves it so he does that. The chalk board is fantastic, and those mugs are lovely - such a great gift. Great scrap-pages too!