Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Can I GETTA....Hip HOOOOP!!!

Crank up your speakers girlfriends! It's time for some F U N!!


Hello my funny little friends...do you know what time it is?? It's Hip Hop Thursday at Unity Stamp Company and Splitcoast...hope if you get some time you will join us! The fun starts at 10am!! I have a few things to share today! no I'm not part of their "official" blog hop..lol I'm not on the DT and they don't pay me for advertising...I'm just a groupie...LOL...I just LOVE THEM!

First I have this card whose inspiration came from a sketch by Amber. Every week on the Unity forum at splitcoast Amber gives us a sketch to play with. I used my nesties for the ovals, and paper pieced the cupcakes. The stamps are Unity Cupcakes a la Yummy. I did this one while I was at Christi's...just being around her gives me Mojo.



Next we have the Wednesday Challenge. Several Unity addicts got together to start a weekly challenge as an appetizer for Hip Hop Thursday. This weeks challenge was H.o.P.e. because it's Breast Cancer Awareness month. H-a sentiment with hope O-ribbon On your card..(think pink) P- Moe pink is Moe betta' (ok I added that part) but pink E- embellishment that starts with an"m" I um forgot this part...how about a little Mo JOOOO!! You have until Sunday to play and link up at Splitcoast.


Can you tell I've been playing with my Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks? I'm not exactly sure what to do wtih these...BUT I sure like em'...For this one I used Basic Grey pattern paper...(I have a serious Basic Grey problem lately), Heidi Swapp Ghost Letters, the rest of the Acrylic I cut from packaging...seriously I did....The stamps are UNITY..Tiny Trinity, and Sept KOM (the trees and journaling block)....


Still playing with my Alcohol inks here but this time I also used the blending solution...again I have no idea if this is what you're supposed to do..."Hey Tim, maybe you could add a manual to the packaging for those of us that are a little directionally challenged"..Thanks guy...but again I just love the way these colors blend together to create different effects..affects..whatever...anyway...love this stuff....this is Cosmo Cricket pattern paper, and some other pattern paper scraps, the bird stamp is Hampton Art and the Sentiment is Unity Simply Said.

oOoOKay...so if that hasn't been long enough for you...here's the deets on the deals at Unity today

1. New customers get 2 free stamps with their order

2. the rest of us get one free sentiment stamp with our order (YAY!)

3. There are 3 bundle packs...this is where Angela and Chris combine several stamps for one looooow low low price..trust me it's worth it it's usually new releases

4. Just for today they are moving some stamps into a $2 bin...um yeah so I'm there....

I will be gone for a few days..I work the next three...I'll try to be back on Monday, but Rob is having hernia surgery so we'll see. BUT...I hope that when you come back my new blog stylings will be revealed...and I have some plans to do some things to celebrate that!! Just so you don't think you're in the wrong place...here's a hint...there will be monkeys involved.... and I might be giving some stuff away...!

So Love ya..Thanks for stopping by and hope you all have a Happy Halloween and get totally high on SUGAR!!

Gratitudes:

1. I've had a great several days off and gotten a lot done

2. My blog is almost done!

3. ginger snaps...yummy

4. Last night the kids and I had a blast watching spanish soap operas and making up our own dialogue...what can I say there wasn't anything else on

5. waking up in the morning...I love that first cup of coffee...



7 comments:

Kelly said...

Awesome awesome cards!! I love blog hopping on hip hop thursday and checking out the sales at Unity. I only have a few sets but have my eye on a few others.

For the record, I have no idea what alcohol inks are if that makes you feel better! LOL

Hope the hernia surgery is a breeze on monday. I know Aiden's was but I don't know if it's different for adults.

Christi said...

Hey girly!!! I still am totally in love with that cupcake card although my plan to copy it did not work out with my Muse's plans for my card...LOL! Oh and BTW, I totally picked up those oval nesties yesterday in Hobby Lobby. LOL!

hmmmm, did I mention that I have taken an alcohol ink class that Tim taught? ;o) It looks to me like you are doing great without his amazing teaching though...your layout is beautiful!

And I have to laugh...I almost bought that little bird stamp the other day...had it in my cart and everything and then put it back! I adore ALL of these creations!!

Angela Toucan said...

the kids like the music. great cards

Lorraine said...

Cute cards! It's my first blog hop and it's very inspiring. Your blog is a treat, too!

Anonymous said...

Loving that eye candy Amy. My fav is the cupcake creation, so stinking cute. Love what your doing with the alcohol inks. Stunning.

Lisa said...

Great stuff girl! I love the Unity Stamps. Can't wait to see your tricked out blog.

Rita said...

Gorgeous projects Amy! Love what you're doing with your alcohol inks!

And I got such a laugh out of your gratitude #4 -- I want to come hang out with you guys!! That is totally something I would do! LOL