Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2007

I may have over shot a little

I do that a lot..I had that big old list of things that I was going to get done today that I have not finished...but that is ok...

I did get the grocery shopping done, then got home and had to clean up around the house...the never ending pile of laundry, help with homework and I took the boys to see "Enchanted"...I am so in love with that movie...very cute and totally disney...I really think I need the soundtrack...Landon liked it, I think Britain is afraid he'll lose cool points if he admits he liked it.

Right now they are all upstairs watching The Matix, and yes I know they should be in bed because it's back to the real world in the am but, I am enjoying a little peace and quiet and country music from "various female artists" on http://www.pandora.com/... which is really cool by the way and free if you want to check it out...speaking of country music by the way...On December 4th Craig Morgan is coming to Scott Air Force Base for a Free Concert....!!! But that's not even the coolest part....the coolest part is that my friend Tonia and I volunteered to work with the USO (along with about 100 other volunteers) stuffing care packages to send over to the troops, and Craig I think, will be joining us, and then we're going to have a barbeque, and then the concert....I am so excited for all of it!!

and now the little bit of cropping that I actually got done today....
first Creative Prompt #8 from Christi
this is where the sewing on my list from yesterday comes in...I don't know how to thread it yet (it came that way) I just added the batteries and channeled my inner Mrs. Denton (my 8th grade home ec teacher) and this is what happened...and there's a scrap of fabric on there too...For the title I tried something new...I used the negatives of a chipboard punchout for the letters as a stencil and then colored them in and outlined them...I think it turned out cute...and it was easy...

Now next I have my layout for pencil lines sketch #60 but it was also it was also inspired by Christi's prompt #9....
The colors were inspired by Christi's prompt
but the design was inpired by the pencil lines sketch...This is my senior picture, I had been wanting to use these rub-ons from Daisy D's for a long time they were just waiting for the right project...the paper and stickers is mod designs by Autumn Leaves from Target...I love this collection....


soooo tomorrow, christmas cards, send off the rebates for Winnie (my laptop I thought she should have a cute name) and Wilbur (the new printer), fold laundry, maybe learn to sew more than a straight line, craftiness, and whatever else I need to get done...the rest of the week I have to work so I doubt I'll get much of anything done...till tomorrow....

1 comment:

Christi said...

LOL! Loving the names for the computer and printer...too cute!

These layouts are gorgeous, Amy! I love the sewing and the different textures that the ribbons and fabric add to the first one and that second one is just awesome! I love the theme behind it, the way that you used the rub-ons, the colors...everything! Thank you so much for playing the the CP's!
smiles...