OH MY Gosh My Office Friends will be so Jealous Photo Blocks!!
These look kind of complicated and time consuming...I assure you they are not
What you need:
Blocks made of wood or chipboard (I got mine from Oriental Trader, but I've seen different versions of these everywhere for very reasonable. Try your LSS or craft store, if you're really enterprising you could even make your own out of cardstock, and then we would all be so impressed by your powers)
coordinating scraps (I used up some old Basic Grey, I have no idea what the pattern is but I'm sure one of you BG fanatics out there will enlighten me)
adhesive (I used 3 in 1 advanced craft glue and my Xyron tape runner)
photos cropped small enough to fit your block
various embellishments for finishing touch ( I used ribbon, hemp of course, flowers by Daisy D's and buttons)
Letter Stickers ( I used Remarks by American Crafts)
Now that you've gathered all you supplies like the little huntress you are...LET'S GO!!
1. Measure your Block Face so you know how big your pattern paper pieces need to be (I put this in here because I tried to do it without measuring and had to pick out all new paper scraps)
2. Trim paper to fit block faces
3. Glue/adhese (is that even a word) your squares to your blocks
Trust me when I say I know I will never be a hand model...
4. Now comes your photos...make sure you use adhesive...!
5. Add your letter sticker to spell whatever you want ( this is for my husbands' desk so I did "We Love You" if you don't love anyone you could just do pictures of yourself and say "I am cute")
5. I mean 6. I didn't take a picture of myself adding the ribbon, buttons, and flowers but I'm sure you know what that looks like...
Guess What ?....YOU'RE DONE!!
If you want to play all you have to do is create something INSPIRED BY this project you can use one block, an altered box of Jello whatever...I am no kind of judgey girl- winner is selected randomly...and post me a linkie loo in the comment section of this post no later than Sunday at 12pm central time...Go have fun!!
I did a layout for 30 Minute Thursday being hosted by Jen McG while Lain is busy with LOAD...and I wasn't going to post it because this is one of those times when my vision and what actually happened got completely awry (do you pronounce it "a rye " or "a wire") anyway...wackadoo...but here it is anyway because I have decided to show it to you because , I'm not fooling anyone- I am not in any way a perfectionist...but I worry sometimes about what a perfectionist would think....(hmmmm yeah I'm nuts)
That's all I've got...thanks for stopping by and have a great Monday!!