Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Ten things I never get tired of doing...


in no pariculiar order...

1. Watching my boys sleep...it is in those fleeting moments, when, no matter how chaotic ourlives are or the day has been, I know,that I will never again have posession of my own heart


2. Waking up in the morning...those moments when you're waking up and your brain is filling up with all the plans you have for this brand new day (before you start berating yourself for not getting them done) it's that wonderful promise of what might happen...


3. Making someone smile...it's a selfish thing really because if I make someone smile, it makes me feel good too and pretty soon everyone is smiling

4. Giving Hugs...I'm a hugger..sometimes I think it freaks people out a little- but you'll get over it- I read in an article somewhere once that giving at least 12 hugs a day lowers stress and helps you live longer.
5. Saying "I Love You"...maybe it's partly because I used to be a Hospice nurse, but I never let anyone I love go without hearing me say those words...life is too fragile and short...


6. Curling up with a good book...I love to read...and I love books...just being around them..I love going to the library, that musty old book smell, the librarian all excited to tell you about a new book...


7. Creating things...it took me nearly 30 years to find this passion for creating and now it's so much a part of my life that I can't imagine going more than a day or two without making something with my hands


8. Visiting historical sites...I never had an appreciation for history until the past few years...I think it's mostly due to modern cable and The History Channel...but I just get goosebumps standing in a place where a significant historical event took place... it's almost as if the land itself is alive with the memory of what happened there


9. Watching a good movie...Whether it's all of us, Rob and I, or even just me...I love how a really good movie can be such a wonderful escape, transform your view, educate you, make you laugh and cry at the same time, scare you or make you fall in love all at the same time...


10. Taking the Scenic Route... all four of us love to go for car rides, I love driving through cities and towns I've never been to, taking in the scenery especially in those little old towns that you drive through, where the older folks are sitting out on their porch and wave as you pass by...


So what are yours? (I probably could think of a lot more but I'm tired and Lipstick Jungle is coming on soon and I really don't want to miss it)....If you feel like playing leave a link in the comments of your 10 things...can't wait to see what they are...come back for your project tomorrow!

14 comments:

Maria said...

I wasn't really brought up being a hugger, but I hug my kids all the time now. I love books, too. I also love history now. It was my worst subject when I was in school, but now I just love it! Especially WWII times because my dad fought in the war. I'll try and think of 10 things and let you know. So how was Lipstick jungle? I recorded The Apprentice to watch tomorrow. And Survivor!

Kellan said...

You and my mom would soooooo get along - taking the scenic route and visiting historical places! I hate waking up in the morning - but I do get it - I just am not a morning person - I wish I was. Take care - Kellan

Zoe said...

i love to watch my kids sleep...but if i had to take the scenic route with all 4 of them...dear god...stab me in the ye with a fork!

Lucy Filet said...

I'm one of those people who gets freaked out by hugging. I mean if it's not the first time I meet you, then it's okay, but there was one girl who hugged everyone the first time she met them and, well, that led to bad things between she and I (she was using it as a test...it's a long story).

Speaking of historic sites, next week I'm visiting Auschwitz.

Anonymous said...

done and dusted on my blog.
http://angelgurl.wordpress.com/
I enjoyed doing that. Funny how we get older and appreciate history more. I am like you in that respect. I am a morning person!!! Sometimes I like the scenic route depends on the distance :-)

Christi said...

oYou and I could be twins! I love your list and it is pretty much what I would list except for the hugging part. I am not a hugger. :D I think that I will replace that one with coffee!!! mmmm, the first sip on a cold morning. Yum! smiles...

Amy said...

we have so many similar likes!!! maybe it's all in the name! i love long rides with the family of course, and i like it only when my husband drives!!! as for watching them sleep.... it's so peaceful. i also love to make people laugh even if i am the butt of the joke!

hope you have a great day!

dianna said...

What a great way to start my day~thanks girl, loved it all*!*

We are alike for sure...I've started my list in my head already :)

Deanna said...

OMG! You and I are very similar! I will get my list together and post it... Thanks for the challenge! I love to self reflect!

Picture This said...

The Scenic Route for me too, love just driving and looking at things, and historical sights are another love on my list.

Of course, I love Scenic Route products as well, hhehe.

Angela Toucan said...

what is lipstick jungle? I don't have a TV.
10 things:
* digi scrapping
* experimenting with my graphics programs
* hanging out at RAKScraps.com
* drinking red bush tea
* watching the children play
* touching my bump when the baby moves
* talking
* looking a craft books/ magazines
Oh dear - only 8.

Carolyn said...

So what did you think of Lipstick Jungle? I'm not sure of it yet, can't really say if I am hooked or not. I will have to watch next weeks.

The things you listed, sound good to me. I could say those too. Of course I think you might own the hugging & "i love you" ones. You are professional trained. LOL

Kitty said...

Oh, I love watching my kids too - it's so special isn't it? As for the scenic route ... hmmm, sometimes it's ok, but at other times I'm just too impatient. *blush* x

RobinDiane said...

I posted my 10 things I never get tired of doing on my blog! http://mylifeexpose.blogspot.com/

thanks for looking!