Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2008

100 Posts?!?!

Have I really stuck with something long enough to make it to 100...? wow it's really kind of motivating and inspiring...and I have been so fortunate to "meet" so many really cool and wonderful people in this bloglandia...Thanks so much for always stopping by and for your wonderful comments!

Well, first off I am coming to you live from the lovely Rend Lake Resort...



we won a free night here back in November when Rob was awarded by the USO and we were itchy for a night away so here we are...it has been incredibly relaxing...First we stopped by the Southern Illinois Artisans Museum...a Museum that exibits art from artists all over Illinois. I so enjoyed walking around looking at everything from blown glass to quilts, handmade cards to pottery. It's so inspiring here are some pictures of my favorites from the gift shop...










The weather is well, pretty crappy...cold, wet, grey and windy and I think we might be the only people staying here this weekend...here is the view from our room...we are making plans to come back in the summer and rent a boat



We stopped at Genkota Winery in Mt Vernon and got a couple bottles of vino, and the kids got sparkling grape juice





What's nice about a night away...well there's plenty of relaxing time for this...
and this...
and this...



Tomorrow morning we'll get up, have a big breakfast and head back to the Real World, back home, where laundry, dirty dishes, homework and real life awaits us...but for now, we're enjoying a night in a hotel...
To celebrate my 100th post I will be sending out some blog candy to the first 2 people to post comments...you will know who you are so please go ahead and also email me your address.
I also was trying to think of some other way to commemorate with 100 of something...so here is a random stream of conciousness in 100 words :
1. blessed 2. spirit 3. love 4. coffee 5. Britain 6. chocolate 7. hope 8. laugh 9. linger 10. stay 11. rest 12. relax 13. wine 14. Landon 15. Mom 16. Rob 17. sister 18. friend 19. sassy 20. be 21. see 22. look 23. tree 24. water 25. truth 26. art 27. photograph 28. happy 29. sing 30. journey 31. drive 32. music 33. blue 34. vanilla 35. play 36. beautiful 37. heart 38. generosity 39. live 40. breathe 41. calm 42. delight 43. full 44. believe 45. know 46. hug 47. enjoy 48. nurture 49. learn 50. read 51. books 52. ride 53. blue 54. mountain 55. bloom 56. grow 57. flow 58. nature 59. laptop 60. blog 61. widget 62. cocoa 63. light 64. wings 65. fly 66. pray 67. library 68. scrapbook 69. paper 70. clouds 71. rain 72. sunshine 73. comfort 74. pillow 75. fun 76. time 77. sunrise 78. promise 79. faith 80. memories 81. family 82.children 83. splash 84. snuggle 84. puppies 85. boys 86. wild 87. dream 88. inspire 89. words 90. taste 91. ice cream 92. snow 93. swing 94. earth 95. create 96. design 97.sketch 98.cookies 99. brown 100. story
and that's it...thanks for stopping by and good luck!

12 comments:

Kathryn Johnson said...

Congrats on 100 posts! I hope to get there one day! Love reading your blog!

Teri H said...

Woohoo! 100 posts! I enjoy your blog so much!

Am I really #2????

Amy said...

oh well i was close. glad you guys had a nice little get away! congrats on reaching 100!

Anonymous said...

well done on reaching 100 posts. Wow that place looks stunning. I can see why you want to go back in Summer and rent a boat.

Kitty said...

Congratulations on reaching 100 posts.

Lovely photos - thanks for sharing. x

Angela Toucan said...

Congratulations on reaching 100! And enjoy the rest of your little holiday

Jana said...

100 great entries.
Congratulations.

I love your blog.

Jana

Kelly said...

What a great post to celebrate your 100th!! I enjoy your blog and look forward to 100 more. Rend lake looks like a beautiful place and it sounds like a relaxing time you are having. Have a safe trip home.

Maria said...

Oh, shoot, I'm not the first two, oh well. I'm glad you got to have a nice weekend away. It was probably nice being the only ones there! If your kids are like mine, they probably didn't care where they went , they just like sleeping in the hotel.

Lester R.N. said...

Hey it sounds so relaxing!! I have a horrible cold and would love to be lying in bed relaxing. Instead it is a crappy monday and I am on-call! Oh course! Call soon! I am off Wednesday if you are??????? Call me. By the way I never win your blog candy! (yes I am whining)

Deanna said...

Congrats on making it to 100 posts!!! I hope to get there someday... I suppose I have to be more consistant like you!

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your getaway to Rend Lake! We try to make a trip there one weekend each summer!

RobinDiane said...

congrats on the 100th post! Looks like ya'll had a great time.