Pages

Friday, February 15, 2008

The FUN-est, EASY-est,Friday project ever...!



well at least so far...anyway...





Super Easy Super Cute Itty Bitty Refrigerator Magnets!!!

This idea was inspired by Dianna, who was asking me about glue and what kind you could use on photos and glass, anyway, it got me to thinking and I wanted to try something to see if it would work....

so let's go...

Gather:

1. 3/4 inch circle punch ( I used Creative Memories)

2. scrap paper

3. 3/4 inch or smaller adhesive magnets (I got mine at WalMart) it was about 1.49 for 10 of them

4. Floral Vase Clear Pebbles (I got mine at WalMart also) mine had 3/4 inch flat back...these come in a bag of about a billion for 1.88...you'll have enough to make magnets for everyone you know and everyone they know

5. Diamond Glaze

I know my Beacon's 3 in 1 is in this picture but I didn't end up needing it...but I'm going to keep putting it in pictures hoping that Mr. Beacon will send me some free glue...
Start punching!!
1. Punch circles out of your scraps..however many you decide you're going to make
2. Apply a liberal helping of Diamond Glaze to your circles
3. Place your pebble on top of your circle




4. Let dry for about 1/2 hour

5. Apply your adhesive backed magnet

THAT's IT...!!
Told ya it was going to be super easy! What's really cool about these is that the pebble kind of magnifies the pattern. If I had been more enterprising I could have stamped little (very little) sayings or something on the paper...I'm on a hunt for bigger pebbles for this purpose..
I think these would be cute to add to a gift for someone, or make a set of them...everyone always needs a magnet for something...

There's no winner for last week, because um...no one played...that's ok... I know everyone's pretty busy...but if anyone wants to play this week all you have to do is create something inspired by this project and link me up here!
Today I went to Michael's completely forgetting it was the day after Valentine's Day and I got a little, (just a tiny bit) carried away

These stamps were only 50 cents each!!!!



oh and the hershey kisses, I'm taking those with me to work tomorrow...I got a bunch of other stuff on sale too, but these were the steal of the day...



Gratitude:

1. my finds at Mike's today

2. grocery shopping done

3. going to bed early tonight

4. looking forward to a night at Rend Lake on Sunday..and yes the kiddos are coming with

5. Cozy Jammies

That's all I've got for tonight, I'm early to bed tonight because I have a long work day tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Maria said...

Those are really cute and look super easy too, I'll remember this one!

Uberly Ewe said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. It does look super FUN, EASY to do.

Kelly said...

Those are so cute, I'll have to give them a try!! Dianna made me some glass magnets for my fridge with a pic of each of my boys in them. One broke not too long ago.
:( Love the V-Day bargains. Gotta love that!!! I got some clearance paper at a local scrapbook store and at Hobby Lobby.

Amy said...

great idea! thanks for sharing! =)

Lester R.N. said...

those were very cute! Of course because you made them!! I will try and do your fun friday projects and ricetta's soon! I have almost cleaned my scrap table!!! Have fun!

Kitty said...

Fabulous fridge magnets! x

Christi said...

ooooh, I am loving all those stamps and I am totally jealous about the Bamboo!!! Love the story about the nursing conversation. smiles...

Michele Kovack said...

I have made these in the past, but it has been awhile. Yours turned out super cute! I don't know how you packaged them, but a matchbox works really well if you are gifting them! Have a great weekend!

Casii said...

So cute magnets! We did some for Christmas, but I didn't have a 3/4 circle punch, so I did it the hard way with an exacto knife. Ugh!
To-do: call my CM consultant to get that punch.
Awesome deal on the stamps too!

Angela Toucan said...

Looks like a great stash of stamps. Loved looking at your very pretty fridge magnets - great experiment!
It reminds me that I need to get working on a few items a month to add to my nearly empty gifts box for those birthday and christmas presents.

Nicole said...

Amy I purchased some of these stamps but I got them at the $1 price - man I should have waited!!