Pages

Friday, February 22, 2008

It's Fun PROJECT FRIDAY!!! Edited**

Hello my friends!! Thank you so much for stopping by on this Friday night...do I have you dancing around your computer with your hair in a side ponytail?!?


Here we go



So CUTE it Makes you WANT to go BUY a book BOOKMARKS!!




I can't take full credit for this project....I've seen this idea in a bunch of places so I don't know who came up with it first, I just put my own twist to it... but it's cute and it's cheap, and it's super easy...

Gather:


1. Scallop punches and a circle punch that will nest (I used my Marvy Giga scallop circle and square punches and my Fiskars XL circle squeeze punch)

2. Cardstock (I used Bazzill Bling and Worldwin)If you have not tried WorldWin Cardstock, I suggest you do...they have an awesome color selection, and it just always seems to match, it also cuts nice and clean and loves adhesive...LOVE this stuff

3. stamps ( I used Studio G clear stamps from Michael's)

4. adhesive ( I used my Tombow adhesive runner and of course Beacon's 3 in 1 craft glue)oh my heaven...I just discovered at the Beacon's site they have a "glue guide" so you can match up glue to a specific project...

5. ink

6. Jumbo Paper Clips (I got mine from the Office section of Walmart 15 for .94)


Let's go

1. Punch out your scallop circles and squares your regular circles. Punch your scalloped shapes double because your going to sandwich your paperclip between the two.


2. Stamp images on your un-scalloped circles



3. Nest your stamped images on to your scalloped punches with adhesive




4. Apply glue to the back of one of your scalloped shapes, lay it down on a flat surface, place your paperclip on the glue, (this is where I add more glue) then apply the other scallop punch (the one with the stamped image) on top they should line right up for you...
With everything going on I've gotten a little behind in my mailouts...please hang in there....
Deanna and Angela please send me your snail mails. Thanks for playing!

That's it! The boys actually did these too, so it's something you can make pretty easy with your kids. I'm bribing them. I told them if they helped me make a bunch of these and the pebble magnets for the craft fair that they could make some money....Being the little capitalists they are they went right to work.
I think, for the most part, that my technical difficulties are over...I hope...

I got a lot of stuff done today...

Here is my card for the Deck of Me Week 8 the prompt was "if you could be someone else for one day who would it be" I picked Sydney Bristow, from ALIAS (she was played by Jennifer Garner)This just made me want to go out and rent all 6 seasons...again







and I got caught up on Christi's Creative Prompts



#31



#30

#33


I really never do cards, but I had so much fun stamping and coloring this in that I got my Doodlebug stamps out and did 3 more...I think I finally "get" the stamping/coloring in thing....it's like being a little girl again hunched over a new coloring book, biting your lip, with your crayolas....it's so FUN!!

and I did use my crayola's!! well actually they were Britain's colored pencils...you can probably totally tell I used my, er, I mean Britain's Crayola's...but it doesn't matter!!! it was FUN!






I have a big apology to make about the walking thing...I STILL haven't started...but in my defense we've had one snow storm after another here...the kids have been off for snow days the past two days...so I am going to walk, I promise, as soon as I can walk out my front door without turning into a popsicle...



That's all I have for tonight...except for this picture of Rob pretending to be Caesar Milan with CoCoa...it looks like she's mad, but she's not she's smiling...

she likes to lay on her back and have her chin rubbed...

Oh and I'm getting a big kick out of this ...

no, it's not a flying saucer...it's the picture Britain took of the Lunar Eclipse...
Have a great night!
oh gosh
I've been bad about this lately
Gratitude
1. having the day off
2. a really creative day
3. being snowed in ( ok not so great but I'm making the best of it)
4. the hershey kisses are gone (ok thank you lord)
5. we're all going to watch a movie tonight...
MWAH!

15 comments:

dianna said...

Funny this was your project for today...I just found the paperclips I bought to do a similar project...never did it...yeah I think that is about #271 on my list of unfinished projects...I am hopeless.
{still awaiting your wisdom on that "where the hell do you get your energy" question. Are you medicated or something...if so what is it ;)

Nicole said...

Amy love the bookmarks... and the layouts and cards are great! I am enjoying the music but a side ponytail is just a little much for me. LOL.
OH.. and love that picture of ur dog!!

Lester R.N. said...

Hey! I like your projects! They are really cute! I might be at your neighbors tomorrow. Did you know your neighbor is an artist like you and makes a bunch of stuff and sells it?? Just wondering? Call ya later!

Kellan said...

Cute book mark project and great layouts and ... fun picture of your dog smiling - too cute!

Have a good weekend Amy - Kellan

Lucy Filet said...

Love the project and all the really cute pages and cards! I have done exactly one page since the LOAD challenge ended and I really need to get back into that. And I haven't been walking either, as my friend's visit and the kids' winter break threw off my mojo.

Christi said...

LOL @ Dianna while also sitting here nodding my head also wondering...you are amazing girl!

And Wow...you are a cardmaker...and a good one! Your projects are all so beautiful! I have fallen so behind on my own Creative Prompts...oops! I love those bookmarks too...very fun! smiles...

Kelly said...

Those bookmarks are such a cute idea. I have a lot of readers in my family, that would be a cute gift to tuck in with a gift card to a bookstore or a good book. I still love those magnets too, I'll have to try those sometime.

Have any crackalatte's lately?? Maybe THAT's where you get your energy! :)

Maria said...

Those bookmarks were really cute! My daughter would love them! Guess what I'm going to do now? I'M GOING ON A WALK! Feel guilty yet? I just got depressed reading Cindy's blog. It would make anyone eat their oatmeal and go for a walk!

Kim -today's creative blog said...

I'm pretty sure it's an alien. My son says so. :)

Thanks for your paper suggestions!

Angela Toucan said...

lovely cards, and a great idea for a bookmark

Zoe said...

man you are a crafty momma!

Amy said...

you are so creative. can you sprinkle a little creative dust this way? cute stuff!

Carolyn said...

Cute project!!! and look at all the other things you got done. I really need to get busy and get something done.

I believe your son caught the perfect lunar eclipse photo. That's what it look like to me.

And, Ms. Amy you color just fine, and make cute adorable cards.

Melissa said...

You are so super creative!! I love your bookmarks... and your cards!! They are so cute!!

Deanna said...

Wow!!! I don't know if I am more happy for you or more depressed for me?! I was such a slacker while my girls had snow/ice days on Thursday & Friday! I completed NOTHING while you completed everything! How the hell do you do it?

I love this bookmark project! It is too cute!

Your deck of me card is awesome! I loved her too! I am sooo ashamed that I have not posted one of my deck of me cards... Don't hate me Dianna... Just kick me in the rear and I'll get them completed and posted!

These layouts are super! I love Christi's Creative Prompts! I have printed all of them and placed them in my "to do" pile, I just haven't gotten to them yet...

What an excellent card maker you are! Love the coloring! Isn't it relaxing? I do a happy dance when my youngest daughter asks me to color with her! Although, I usually get yelled at for coloring outside of the lines and messing up her picture! LOL...

I am sooo glad that you have had the same weather as I so now I don't feel sooo guilty for not walking... I will get started just as soon as my husband buys me a treadmill or the weather warms up a few degrees...

Cute pic of Rob and Cocoa! Whew! That smile scared me!

Take care of you!